The American Association of Diabetes Educators is a multi-disciplinary professional membership organization dedicated to improving diabetes care through education.
With more than 12,000 members including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, among others, AADE has a vast network of practitioners involved in the daily treatment of diabetes patients. Collectively, our alliances, member practitioner networks, and academic partners uniquely position AADE at the locus of change for the future treatment of diabetes. The AADE national headquarters is in Chicago with a government affairs office in Washington, DC.
Our benefits package is designed to attract, reward and retain talented individuals who will deliver superior service to our members and business partners:
Compensations and Rewards
- Competitive Base Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan -- Employees are fully vested at 100% from the first day of employment, with AADE contributing 6% of employee's salary
- Professional Development Plans
Your Health and Protection
- Medical Insurance -- Choose between an HMO and PPO option through BlueCross/Blue Shield
- Dental Insurance -- PPO dental insurance, allowing employees access to the dentist of their choice
- Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance -- Insured amount is 1 x salary with a minimum of $50,000 value, 100% paid by AADE
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts -- Healthcare, Dependent Care
Helping Balance Your Work and Life
- Vacation -- Employees initially accrue at least two weeks vacation annually
- Holidays -- Employees receive 10 paid holidays per year
- Personal/Sick Days -- Employees accrue 10 personal/sick days per year
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Program
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) -- Comprehensive resource offering assistance on a wide range of issues as employees balance work and personal responsibilities
- Casual dress on Fridays
- Convenient Chicago Loop location
Creates and manages marketing plans to meet the Association’s annual business and revenue objectives; while developing and executing a social media strategy designed to increase brand equity and awareness.
Responsible for managing the development cycle for AADE’s distance education and professional
development programs; including developing budgets, working with subject matter experts on content
and instructional design, and overseeing all aspects associated with the delivery of webinars,
online programs and other distance educational programming.
Will respond to member/non-member telephone, email, and fax inquiries regarding AADE membership, products and services, educational courses, and Annual Meeting, in a thorough and professional manner. Provides support for activities related to membership recruitment and retention.
Responsible for strategic direction, development and execution of all conferences, meetings, and related meetings activities for the Association. Directs overall strategy, operations, and contractual arrangements for AADE events to achieve Association business goals and revenue objectives.
Responsible for development of grant proposals/applications in areas of practice, research and independent medical education. Initiates new efforts in the areas of professional education, practice, and research to achieve AADE’s mission.
To apply for any of our available positions, please forward your resume and salary requirements
Attn: Human Resources
200 W. Madison St. Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60606
AADE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage and support diversity in our workforce.