Honors in the Field of Diabetes Education Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Diabetes Educators
For Release: August 3, 2012
Joanne Rinker, MS, RD, LDN, CDE, was named Diabetes Educator of the Year this week at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Diabetes Educators. Rinker is the program coordinator of the Diabetes Education Recognition Program, which is part of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Diabetes Prevention and Control Branch. In this role, she oversees 39 multi-sites and 18 expansion sites.The award recognizes outstanding achievement in diabetes education and is sponsored by LIfescan Inc.
Numerous additional awards were also presented at the AADE Annual Meeting in Indianapolis:
- Living Legend Award: Marion Franz, MS, RD, CDE
- Allene Von Son Distinguished Service Award: Carolé Mensing, RN, MA, CDE, FAADE
- My AADE Network Achievement Award: Washington State Coordinating Body
- Rising Star: Richard Peng, MS, MBA, RCEP, CHFS, CDE
- Advocacy Award: Kim DeCoste, MSN, RN, CDE, and Carolyn Dennis, MS, RD, CDE
- Innovation in Practice Award: Debra Norman, RN, CDE
- Innovative Use of Media and Technology: Paula Fulkerson, RN, BSN, CDE
About the AADE:
Founded in 1973, AADE is a multi-disciplinary professional membership organization dedicated to improving diabetes care through education. With more than 13,000 professional members including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and others, AADE has a vast network of practitioners involved in the daily treatment of diabetes patients. To learn more go to: www.diabeteseducator.org .