CE Program Accreditation
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM ACCREDITATION
Thank you for considering the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) for your continuing education needs. The AADE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center and the Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) and the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) in addition to the California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN).
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (Applicants may also seek prior approval of dietetic programs by contacting CDR directly)
- Applications for continuing education credit must be submitted at least 45 business days prior to the program's initial date.
- Applications submitted less than 45 business days but more than 30 business days prior to the program's initial date will incur an expedited review fee.
- Applications of 16 contact hours or more received less than 45 business days prior to the anticipated program start date will not be accepted for review and are not eligible for expedited review.
- In order to meet quality assurance standards, applications submitted less than 30 business days prior to the program's initial date cannot be accepted for review.
- AADE does not review applications for continuing education programs that have already occurred.
- Internal groups (AADE CBs and LNGs) - Review the AADE Policy and Procedure for CE Application Review
- External groups (non AADE groups) - Please contact email@example.com for information on application fees.
TIPS AND RESOURCES
Guidelines and Instructions (PDF) – detailed instructions on how to complete the application
- Application FAQ's (PDF)
- “How To” PowerPoint (PDF) – “Planning a Successful Diabetes Educational Conference” presentation from AADE13
- ANCC Content Integrity Standards for Commercial Support – guidelines and information for programs receiving commercial support/sponsorship
- List of Approved Verbs – reference document for writing effective learner-focused educational objectives
- Bloom’s Taxonomy and Suggested Active Learning Strategies – reference document for a comprehensive approach to educational program planning
- Evidence-based References - a tip sheet for providing Evidence-based references with an education plan document
CE APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
All applicants must complete and submit the application and forms shown below. We will work with you to meet accreditation criteria and to provide high quality educational programs for diabetes educators.
- Application for Program CE Credit
- Planner-Speaker Guidance Letter - needs to be distributed to everyone involved in the program and signed by the program coordinator on the application.
- Biographical/Financial Conflict of Interest (Bio-COI) Disclosure Form – biographical/financial conflict of interest disclosure forms are required for the program coordinator, planning committee and speakers/presenters.
- Disclosure Slide (SAMPLE) – All planning committee members and presenters must disclose off-label discussions and any conflicts of interest prior to the program
- Educational Activity Plan Table - LIVE EVENTS
- Educational Activity Plan Table - ENDURING PROGRAMS – non-live events, webinar recordings, monographs, journal CE
- Program Evaluation Form
- Sample Promotional Material - every program must submit a copy of their promotional material with their application. Please use this sample as a reference for what needs to be included on promotional material.
Questions and applications can be submitted via email to
REPEAT PROGRAMS- Encore Presentations
A previously approved program may be repeated until its expiration date. An Encore request form must be completed and sent to AADE 15 business days prior to the repeated program date.
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT AND SPONSORSHIP
Commercial support is financial or in-kind contributions given by a commercial interest that are used to pay for all or part of the costs of an educational activity.
Sponsorship is financial or in-kind contributions from an organization that does not fit the category of a commercial interest and that are used to pay for all or part of the costs of an educational activity.
In order to be in compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Standards for Commercial Support, which have been adopted by the ACPE and ANCC, AADE does not review, co-provide, or approve continuing education programs developed by commercial entities. In addition, AADE does not permit educational materials developed by commercial entities, such as slides and handouts, to be used in educational programs.
When your educational program is receiving commercial support from a commercial interest or
sponsorship from a not-for-profit entity, the following documents must also be completed and
submitted to AADE: