CE Credit Approval
Thank you for considering the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) for your continuing education. The AADE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) in addition to the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (Applicants may also seek prior approval of dietetic programs by contacting CDR directly)
New Criteria Requirements for 2013
AADE does not review and co-provide/approve continuing education programs developed by commercial entities to be in compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Standards for Commercial Support which have been adopted by the ACPE and ANCC. In addition, AADE does not permit educational materials developed by commercial entities, such as slides and handouts, to be used in educational programs.
Deadlines for submissions are enforced. In order for AADE to complete the peer review process, applications for continuing education credit must be received 45 business days prior to the program's initial date. Applications submitted less than 45 business days but more than 30 business days prior to the program's initial date will incur a late fee. We will return applications submitted less than 30 business days prior to the program's initial date as we are unable to process applications that quickly. Please ensure that the application is complete as only complete applications can go to the peer reviewers. Sending in incomplete applications will delay the review process. The AADE does not approve program applications for continuing education retroactively.
Review and Approval Process
When AADE receives an application for continuing education credit, we screen the application for completeness. If the application is incomplete or contains errors, applicants will be notified about the errors that need to be corrected before the application can be sent out for review. Once all revisions have been provided, we then send the application to a multidisciplinary team of trained peer reviewers. Common reasons applications are considered incomplete are missing or incomplete biographical/financial disclosure forms, incorrectly written objectives (lack of action verb, more than one outcome), missing promotional materials, incomplete information about commercial support, and inconsistencies between the educational activity plan and the evaluation form. The peer review process assures compliance with all accreditation standards. Based on the reviewers' comments, applicants are provided feedback and action taken on the application.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on fees for CE Program Accreditation
Application Submission -
New Criteria Requirements for 2013
AADE has revised the application for continuing education credits based on new criteria required by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Applications submitted in 2013 must use the revised application and forms below. Be sure to review the Guidelines and Instructions document for information about to complete the new application. We will work with you to meet accreditation criteria and to provide high quality educational programs for diabetes educators.
- Guidelines and Instructions (PDF)
- Application FAQ's (PDF)
- Application Checklist - required to be completed and sent with the application
- Applicant Eligibility Verification Form - not required for AADE CBs & LNGs
- Application for Program CE Credit - note: only completed applications will be accepted for review
- Sponsorship Agreement - applicable only if sponsorship for the program has been obtained
- Applicant Eligibility Commercial Interest Addendum - if applicable
- Commercial Support Agreement - applicable only if commercial support for the program has been obtained
- ANCC Content Integrity Standards for Commercial Support
- Biographical/Financial Disclosure Form - biographical data/financial disclosure forms are required for the program coordinator, planning committee and speakers/presenters. An application is considered incomplete if any person identified as having a role does not provide a biographical data/financial disclosure form
- Educational Activity Plan Table - LIVE EVENTS - required to be completed for each presentation and sent with the application
- Educational Activity Plan Table - ENDURING PROGRAMS - required to be completed and sent with application for enduring programs
- Program Evaluation Form - required to be completed and sent with application
- PowerPoint Presentation - Sample Disclosure Slide - AADE requires disclosures prior to the program
Repeated Offering of Programs - Encore Presentations
A previously approved program may be repeated until it's expiration date. An Encore request form must be completed and sent to AADE 15 days prior to the repeated program date.
Questions and applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com