Support For Researchers
AADE encourages its members to actively pursue research opportunities. The resources listed below will offer some helpful guidance to researchers who are just beginning and those who are currently engaged in a project.
Successful Abstract Submission
Involves Some Art, More Science (PDF)
RSNA News, Feb 2007
Lindsay EB. UCLA Sponsored Research.
- "Preparing and Presenting Effective Research Posters." Miller JE. Health Services Research. Volume 42, Number 1, February 2007, Part I.
- "The 10-minute talk: Organization, slides, writing and delivery." Garson A, Gutgesel HP, Pinsky W, McNamara DG. American Heart Journal. January, 1986: 193-203.
- “Reliability and Validity: A Quick Review.” Karen Fitzner, PhD. The Diabetes Educator. Vol. 33, No. 5, 2007: 775-780
- “ Application of Evidence-based Approaches in Diabetes Education Practice.” Barbara Stetson, PhD, Leonard Jack, Jr, PhD, MSc and Laurie Ruggiero, PhD. AADE in Practice. Summer 2008.
- Academy Health Meeting: The Impact of Mental Health Conditions on Maintenance of Risk Factor Control in Diabetic Patients After Discharge from a Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Clinic
- Donald Fetterolf, MD, MBA, FACP:
The Business Case for Diabetes Education