Change of Status
Once programs achieve accreditation from AADE, it is expected that the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs (NSDSMEP) are maintained on an ongoing basis. To ensure that programs continue to meet NSDSMEP Quality Standards, accredited programs will submit information changes on an as needed basis and as deemed necessary by AADE for review.
- Adding or removing site(s). Review our Addendum to Additional Sites
- New or Interim Program Coordinator
- Updated Contact information
- Change in sponsorship
- Program Name Change - administrative fees may apply
- Curriculum change
- A new Target Population
- Addition to instructional staff
- Other significant program changes including change in program name, new organizational structure, closing or suspension of the program, etc.
For more information and detailed instructions on common Change of Status questions - please review our Change of Status Report Instructions (revised February 2012) and listen to our compliance webcast recorded in March 2012.
Please note that some changes have administrative fees:
- Program name changes require a $50.00 administrative fee
- Changes/corrections to a site's certificate that have already been issued a certificate previously will be $50 for each replacement certificate (please note, there is no fee for the first certificate issued to a new site. This fee only applies when you are changing the name an existing site that already recieved a certificate from AADE.)
- Programs that would like to post their additional sites on the AADE DEAP's webiste list of accredited programs will incur a $100 administrative fee for each additonal post
You may pay your administrative fee by check or credit card. Please see our pricing for more information and instructions. If paying by check, please write DEAP and your Program ID number (located on your certificate) in the memo and send it with your completed Change of Status form attached. Please call 1.800.338.3633 to pay by credit card.
Not what you're looking for? Perhaps you meant to find the Annual Status Report.