Policy Positions & Comments
AADE’s Public policy position statements and comments are the official stance the association has taken on existing legislative or regulatory initiatives.
- Diabetes and Telehealth: Improve Access to Diabetes Self-Management Training
- CMS Proposed New Rule on Medicare Physician Fee Schedule: Use Caution in Removing Any Diabetes Measures That Would Negatively Affect Persons with Diabetes
- U.S. Preventative Services Task Force: Comments on the Draft Research Plan "Screening for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus"
- Special Diabetes Program (SDP): A federal program that has produced tangible results and real returns on the federal investment that are improving the lives of those with diabetes.
- Improve Access to Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT): A Budget Neutral Solution to Address the National Diabetes Crisis
- AADE Position on Diabetes Action Plans: Identify Goals and Benchmarks to Reduce Incidence of Diabetes and Create Plans to Improve Diabetes Care...
- AADE Position on Specialty Tiers: Barrier to Patient Access to Appropriate Therapy for People with Diabetes
- AADE Letter to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Essential Health Benefits Bulletin: Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight
- AADE Letter to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Uniform Glossary
- AADE letter to Health and Human Services on the Affordable Care Acts Essential Health Benefits (EHB) package
- AADE Competitive Bidding Supplier Survey: Contract Suppliers Do Not Offer 60 Percent of the Products Promised
- AADE Letter to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services: 2012 Physician Fee Schedule (PFS)
- Pre-Diabetes/Prevention Position Statement: Pre-Diabetes: Using Diabetes Self-Management Education/Training (DSME/T) To Prevent Diabetes Onset
- Joint Letter to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services: National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education G-Code Reimbursement
- AADE Letter to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule (Part B for CY 2011)
- AADE Letter to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services: The value of telehealth as it relates to Diabetes Self-Management Training
National Health Care Reform: The Role of Diabetes Educators in Disease Management, Cost Containment and Health Prevention for Diabetes
The “Medicare Safe Needle Act of 2005” - H.R. 2841
Opposition to the Administration’s Proposal for Reduced Diabetes Research and Prevention Funding
Regulatory Restrictions Limit People with Diabetes from Receiving the Self-Management Skills They Need
Medicare Competitive Bidding Program – Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems