Applying for Accreditation
We offer a simplified and streamlined application process that meets the highest quality requirements set forward by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. In addition, we now offer one complimentary membership to all new and renewing programs.
Getting Started and Applying for Accreditation
To begin, review the following:
- National Standards, Essential Elements and Interpretive Guidance
- Online Accreditation Application
- Checklist for Supporting Documents
- Additional Site Considerations
- Site Description
Samples for your reference: Please review these samples to help guide you as you put your application together.
- Standard 1 - Mission Statement/Goals, Organizational Chart/Structure, Policies, and Job Descriptions
- Standard 2 - Advisory Group
- Standard 3 - Target Population
- Standard 5 - Sample Mechanism to Ensure Patient's Needs are Met
- Standard 7 - Individual Assessment, Education Plan
- Standard 7 - Example Initial Patient Self-Assessment
- Standard 7 - Checklist for De-Identified Patient Chart
- Standard 8 - Follow-up Plan
- Standard 8 - Example Follow-Up Plan for Adults
- Standard 8 - Example Personalized Plan for Ongoing Diabetes Self Care
- Standard 8 - Example of Ongoing Self-Management Support
- Standard 9 - Goal Sheet
- Standard 9 - SMART Goal Sheet
- Standard 10 - CQI Plan
- Standard 10 - Second Example, CQI Plan
Does your program meet the standards for accreditation? If so, complete the application and submit it to AADE with all required/requested documentation and fee (non-refundable).
Once your complete application is submitted and reviewed, you will be contacted within 2-6 weeks to set up a phone interview or a site audit.
DSMT Reimbursement Tips
Sponsoring organization must have an NPI number as well as be enrolled as a Medicare provider for services other than DSMT
NPI application forms: https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov or for paper application, call 800-465-3203
If new to Medicare, need to submit Form 855I to enroll as a Medicare provider (obtain forms through local Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC)
DME/Pharmacy providers must also enroll as a Part B provider to bill for DSMT services
Must submit notice of AADE accreditation to local Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC)
Confirm that the HCPCS codes for billing DSMT are loaded in billing system (G0108 and G0109)
Submit accreditation notice to contracted commercial payers and verify that DSMT codes G0108 and G0109 are included in contract.
If off-site locations are added to accredited program, follow process and recommended steps included on AADE website.
Consider purchasing reimbursement resources such as AADE’s “Navigating the Maze: Overcoming the Obstacles to Reimbursement for Diabetes Self-management”
Members of AADE can seek additional information from the AADE “Reimbursement Expert” located in our Member Center. Please review the FAQs first because your question may have already been answered.
Questions? Email us at DEAP@aadenet.org or call 800.338.3633.