Advanced Reimbursement: Advanced Course
Learn how to maximize your reimbursement in this new continuing education (CE) course! This live, half-day course addresses advanced topics in DSMT reimbursement. Topics include:
- Medicare Diabetes Screening
- Kidney Diabetes Education (KDE)
- Insulin pump training billing and reimbursement
- Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) billing and reimbursement
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Intensive Behavioral Counseling for Obesity
- Shared Medical Appointments (SMA)
- Update on / Impact of Healthcare Reform and Legislative Initiatives on Diabetes Care
This is an advanced course for individuals who have a clear understanding and working knowledge about the the basics of reimbursement including the payer mix, coding and regulations for DSMTand MNT reimbursment, Medicare rules, DSMT program accreditation, program practice models, etc. These issues will not be addressed in this course. For individuals interested in learning about the basics of DSMT reimbusement, look for a new online course from AADE in early summer 2012.
Registration: Three Easy Ways
- This course is a pre-conference course at the AADE Annual Meeting and requires aseparate registration fee.
- Pre-Conference Course Session date, time, and location:
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
JW Marriott Indianapolis
10 S. West Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Room 313 & 314
To book to your housing, please contact AADE Housing at 866-999-3094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Online: Click Indianapolis
- AADE members: Enter your AADE member ID password to register.
Non-members need to create a profile to register online.
2. Mail/Fax: Download the printable order form:
3. Phone: Call 800-338-3633 x100 (credit card only)
The DSMT Reimbursement: Advanced Course is a knowledge-based activity designed
for groups of diabetes educators, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, and billing managers
interested in staying up to date on current reimbursement practices for diabetes and related
The goal of this program is to teach healthcare professionals and DSMT program billing/coding staff about additional reimburseable services that can be included in their DSMT programs and the proper billing and coding procedures for these related services.
Upon completion of this knowledge-based program, the participant will be able to:
- Desrcribe the coding and billing process for insulin pump therapy reimbursement
- Medicare Diabetes Screening
- Desrcribe the coding and billing process for kidney diabetes education (KDE) reimbursement
- Desrcribe the coding and billing process for continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) reimbursement
- Discuss how to deliver and bill for DSMT via teleheath/telemedicine
- Define an Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and how ACOs are reimbursed
- Discuss issues involved in implementing and receiving reimbursement for intensive behavioral counseling for obesity
- Describe how to conduct and bill for Shared Medical Appointments (SMA)
Describe the impact of healthcare reform and legislative initiatives on diabetes
Patty C. Telgener, RN, MBA, is a Senior Reimbursement Director at Emerson Consultants, Inc., Golden, Colorado. Ms Telgener previously developed reimbursement strategies for insulin pump and CGM technologies. She was closely involved in the effort to get CPT codes for CGM, as well as expanding Medicare coverage for insulin pumps. Ms. Telgener has over 20 years experience in the healthcare industry, with a significant emphasis on diabetes.
It is the policy of the American Association of Diabetes Educators to require that anyone who has an opportunity to affect continuing education activities content (e.g. authors, presenters and program planners) with products or services from a commercial interest with which s/he has financial relationships, discloses those financial relationship/s with commercial entities to participants.
Disclosure of a relationship is not intended to suggest or condone bias in any presentation, but is made to provide participants with information that might be of potential importance to their evaluation of a presentation.
Relevant disclosures (or lack thereof) among educational activity planners and faculty are as follows:
- Dexcom – Paid consultant
- Medtronic – Paid consultant and previous employee
- Calibra – Paid consultant
AADE – Coding consultant
The approval of this educational offering by the AADE does not imply endorsement of specific procedures, therapies, treatments, or products discussed in the presentations.
Registrants who are unable to attend the program will receive a refund less a $50.00 administrative fee, provided a written request is received in the AADE office no later than 8 working days prior to the start of each program. All cancellation requests must be received in writing. The requests should be addressed to AADE Education and may be sent via fax to (312) 424-2427 or emailed to email@example.com. No refunds can be granted after that time. Substitutions are accepted. The AADE reserves the right to cancel any program and assumes no responsibility for personal expenses. Register Online: Click the webinar titles above for fast, convenient registration