Integration of Creative Teaching Techniques with Emerging Technology
The purpose of this program is to give Diabetes Educators a new look at ways to teach. "Integration of Creative Teaching Techniques with Emerging Technology" will provide Diabetes Educators the opportunity to look at current teaching styles and then devise/refresh new ways to teach, "the same old thing".
The program includes didactic sessions and two interactive portions:
First Interactive Session:
Participants will be asked to bring a sample class or lecture and we will invent ways to make it more exciting, interesting and fun.
Second Interactive Session:
The second half of the session will be a hands on computer workshop for educators to teach them the skills to develop their programs utilizing the newest media technology. This will be a hands on workshops with new opportunities to rediscover the joy of teaching while raising their levels of competency in both teaching and technology.
*Attendees should bring their computers, tablets, and phones
Registration: Three Easy Ways
- AADE members: Enter your AADE member ID password to register.
- Non-members need to create a profile to register online.
- Mail/Fax: Download the printable order form: Emerging Technology
- Phone: Call 800-338-3633 x100 (credit card only)
*This course is limited to 30 participants
JW Marriott Indianapolis
To book to your housing, please contact AADE Housing at 866-999-3094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal of this program is to demonstrate how to enhance the role of the diabetes educator in a time of innovative change.
Upon completion of this knowledge-based program, the participant will be able to:
- Describe changes occurring on the horizon of future health care.
- Identify and discuss why utilizing different teaching techniques and approaches are important and how they may be enhanced by use of advancing applications of technology.
- Identify different methods/approaches to teach the same subject.
- Discuss how to teach groups/individuals and how expansion of education may be facilitated by current and future technology.
- Relate how utilization of computer technologies can enhance diabetes education/management opportunities for a changing health care horizon.
- Select options/approaches that enhance diabetes education and/or management of your population base.
Marcia Draheim, RN, CDE- brings an extensive and varied background to this presentation. She has 32 years of experience as Supervisor of the St. Luke's Hospital Diabetes Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; a full service education center. She is a Past President of the American Association of Diabetes Educators and heads her own business; Draheim Dimensional Presentations specializing in nationally recognized innovative health education teaching approaches and designed tools that embrace integration of emerging technology. Marcia has served as a consultant/collaborator with numerous educators and industry on varying professional and education products.
Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, RN, BC-ADM, CDE, FAADE- brings extensive experience to this presentation as an independent consultant for GKL ASSOCIATES, an author, and a Past President of the American Association of Diabetes Educators. She is a national and international speaker for numerous health organizations, annual meetings, and conventions. She embraces the philosophy of utilizing a variety of approaches when providing information that include humor, illustrations, analogies, drama, and experiential props that motivate, captivate and engage people!
It is the policy of the American Association of Diabetes Educators to require that anyone who has an opportunity to affect continuing education activities content (e.g. authors, presenters and program planners) with products or services from a commercial interest with which s/he has financial relationships, discloses those financial relationship/s with commercial entities to participants.
Disclosure of a relationship is not intended to suggest or condone bias in any presentation, but is made to provide participants with information that might be of potential importance to their evaluation of a presentation.
Relevant disclosures (or lack thereof) among educational activity planners and faculty are as follows:
Marcia Draheim, RN, CDE:
- Eli Lilly – DIN Educator, Advisor Health Ed-Consultant, Reviewer evoke interaction
Ginger Kanzer Lewis, RN, BC-ADM, CDE, FAADE
- There are no relevant financial disclosures for this speaker
Registrants who are unable to attend the program will receive a refund less a $100 administrative fee, provided a written request is received in the AADE office no later than 8 working days prior to the start of each program. All cancellation requests must be received in writing. The requests should be addressed to AADE Education and may be sent via fax to (312) 601-4891 or emailed to email@example.com. No refunds can be granted after that time. Substitutions are accepted. The AADE reserves the right to cancel any program and assumes no responsibility for personal expenses.