Core Concepts® Course
Experience an interactive 3-day course providing a real-world overview of the field of diabetes
education and care. Nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals interested
in an in-depth review of the fundamental concepts of diabetes self-management education should
register for this course. Participants, working with course facilitators, explore the core
scientific basis for diabetes education and care, while artfully applying concepts to patient
situations. Case studies are used throughout the course allowing for discussion and sharing of
knowledge among participants.
The goal of AADE’s CORE Concepts® course is to illustrate, clinical management, and diabetes self-management education tools that are most appropriate for assuring successful outcomes to the AADE7 Self Care Behaviors™. It is recommended that participants have one to two years' experience in diabetes education.
Participant Learning Objectives
- Compare and contrast the natural history and pathophysiology of pre-diabetes, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes
- Discuss strategies to promote healthy eating for persons with diabetes of for persons at risk of acquiring diabetes.
- Explore approaches to being active for persons with diabetes or at risk of acquiring diabetes.
- Discuss types, tools, frequency, and targets of monitoring for persons with diabetes.
- Explain techniques for promoting safe medication use in persons with diabetes
- Identify tactics to promote healthy coping for persons with diabetes
- Integrate approaches to reduce health risks in individuals with diabetes
- Use an interactive learning environment to assimilate new knowledge and skills.
|Las Vegas, NV||Nashville, TN||Chicago, IL||Phoenix, AZ|
February 24-26, 2014
March 31 - April 2, 2014
Early Registration Rate available until Tuesday, March 4
September 8-10, 2014
Early Registration Rate available until Tuesday, August 12
October 6-8, 2014
Early Registration Rate available until Tuesday, September 9
|By Early Registration Date||After Early Registration Date|
To register by mail please download the Registration Form
1. Complete all questions on registration form
2. Write payment information on the form or include check payment for the full registration amount. Make check payable to AADE
3. Send registration form and payment to: AADE
Carol Stream, IL 60122
Registration fees cover the tuition, course materials, more than 20 hours of CE credit, and complimentary lunch each day.
The American Association of Diabetes Educators reserves the right to cancel any program and assumes no responsibility for personal expenses.
Any of the below requests that an attendee submits must be received in writing. Attendees can submit written requests to AADE Meeting Services via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (312)601-4891.
AADE provides full refunds (less $100 administrative fee) for registration canceled no later than 8 business days prior to the first day of the course. All refunds are processed within 30 days of receipt.
Rescheduling (postponing the use of paid registration to a future occurrence of the same program) is subject to availability and limited to future instances of the same program currently advertised on www.diabeteseducator.org/coreconceptscourse.
- Requests must be received in writing and received within 8 business days prior to the first day of the course
- Requested received after this time will not be accepted and no refund will be provided.
- Please include the AADE member number, name, phone number, and email address of the registrant, the date of the program currently registered for, and the date of the future program being requested.
- If no future program is requested at the time of canceling, your request will be considered incomplete and no further refund will be issued.
Transferring from Live CORE Concepts® to CORE Concepts® Online
AADE allows attendees who previously registered for the live CORE Concepts® course to transfer to the online offering and can transfer the original registration amount (less a $50 administrative fee) to the online course. All transfer requests must be received in writing no later than eight (8) business days prior to the first day of the live course. No additional refund will be offered for attendees who do not need the required textbook for the online course.