AADE is a multi-disciplinary professional membership organization dedicated to improving diabetes care through innovative education, management, and support. With more than 14,000 professional members including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, exercise specialists, and others, AADE has a vast network of practitioners working with people who have, are affected by, or are at risk for diabetes.
Empower diabetes educators to expand the horizons of innovative education, management, and support.
Optimal health and quality of life for persons with, affected by, or at risk for diabetes and chronic conditions.
- The person with, affected by or at risk for diabetes is at the center of the diabetes care team.
- We are committed to driving optimal outcomes through the integration of diabetes clinical management, education, prevention and support. We'll accomplish this by:
- Leveraging technology driven diabetes care, education and support
- Integrating cardiometabolic and related conditions
- Driving the integration of diabetes clinical management, self-management education, prevention and support
- Advocating for equity to person-centered care
- Optimizing diabetes care delivery for the quadruple aim
- Promoting the integration of behavioral health
- The diabetes educator is an essential member of the diabetes care team.
- Evidence is the basis of our science and practice.
- Quality diabetes prevention and diabetes self-management education and support should be accessible to all individuals.
- Diabetes self-management education and support must evolve through innovation to reach its greatest impact.