The Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) is an interprofessional membership organization dedicated to improving prediabetes, diabetes and cardiometabolic care through innovative education, management and support. With more than 12,000 professional members including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and others, ADCES has a vast network of practitioners working to optimize care and reduce complications. ADCES offers an integrated care model that lowers the cost of care, improves experiences and helps its members lead so better outcomes follow. Learn more at DiabetesEducator.org, or visit us on Facebook (Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists), Twitter (@ADCESdiabetes) and Instagram (@ADCESdiabetes).
Empower diabetes care and education specialists to expand the horizons of innovative education, management, and support.
Optimal health and quality of life for persons with, affected by, or at risk for diabetes and chronic conditions.
- The person with, affected by or at risk for diabetes is at the center of the diabetes care team.
- We are committed to driving optimal outcomes through the integration of diabetes clinical management, education, prevention and support. We'll accomplish this by:
- Leveraging technology driven diabetes care, education and support
- Integrating cardiometabolic and related conditions
- Driving the integration of diabetes clinical management, self-management education, prevention and support
- Advocating for equity to person-centered care
- Optimizing diabetes care delivery for the quadruple aim
- Promoting the integration of behavioral health
- The diabetes care and education specialist is an essential member of the diabetes care team.
- Evidence is the basis of our science and practice.
- Quality diabetes prevention and diabetes self-management education and support should be accessible to all individuals.
- Diabetes self-management education and support must evolve through innovation to reach its greatest impact.
In 2020, we revised the name of the specialty and association to reflect the changing and growing role of our members. This is theirs and our brand story:
There you are. On the forefront.
Understanding. Preventing. Treating.
There’s a person with diabetes, right beside you.
Empowered. Encouraged. Energized.
And there we are, an evidence-based organization helping you stay on the leading edge. Researching, educating and facilitating a shared purpose and a singular focus, so that together we can foster a person-centered world where thriving is a way of life.
There we are, helping you connect with like-minded leaders, prove your value and create a circle of wellbeing that inspires not just our organization and persons with diabetes, but the future of an entire specialty.
There we are, observing, as individuals who are no longer defined by diabetes but instead by an optimism that says yes, I will live a longer, fuller life than I ever thought possible because you cared enough to lead, so that my best outcomes could follow.
All organizations have bylaws with provide the governance structure and rules for operating.
Download the ADCES Bylaws - Revised December 2019