The Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) is an interdisciplinary professional membership organization dedicated to improving prediabetes, diabetes and cardiometabolic care through innovative education, management and support. With more than 12,000 professional members including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and others, ADCES has a vast network of practitioners working to optimize care and reduce complications. ADCES offers an integrated care model that lowers the cost of care, improves experiences and helps its members lead so better outcomes follow. Learn more at DiabetesEducator.org, or visit us on Facebook (Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists), Twitter (@ADCESdiabetes) and Instagram (@ADCES.diabetes).
Empower diabetes care and education specialists to expand the horizons of innovative education, management, and support.
Optimal health and quality of life for persons with, affected by, or at risk for diabetes and chronic conditions.
- The person with, affected by or at risk for diabetes is at the center of the diabetes care team.
- We are committed to driving optimal outcomes through the integration of diabetes clinical management, education, prevention and support. We'll accomplish this by:
- Leveraging technology driven diabetes care, education and support
- Integrating cardiometabolic and related conditions
- Driving the integration of diabetes clinical management, self-management education, prevention and support
- Advocating for equity to person-centered care
- Optimizing diabetes care delivery for the quadruple aim
- Promoting the integration of behavioral health
- The diabetes care and education specialist is an essential member of the diabetes care team.
- Evidence is the basis of our science and practice.
- Quality diabetes prevention and diabetes self-management education and support should be accessible to all individuals.
- Diabetes self-management education and support must evolve through innovation to reach its greatest impact.