The Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) Annual Conference is the premier diabetes care and educational event of the year. More than 5,000 diabetes care and education specialists and other healthcare professionals are expected to participate in ADCES21—either in-person in Phoenix on Friday, August 13– Monday, August 16, 2021, or virtually.
Connect, collaborate and educate yourself and others on the latest in diabetes care and education.
Questions? Please contact ADCES staff if you have a question about how best to submit your proposal. Peter Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission process is divided into tasks that must be completed before you can submit your proposal. The submission site will allow you to save your work after each task is completed; however, you do not have the ability to save your work mid-task.
We recommend that you review the required information prior to starting your submission to ensure you have everything you need to submit and begin your submission well in advance of the deadline. Users unfamiliar with the submission site and last-minute rushes to submit work are the primary sources of error in the submission process.
- Session Title – 15 words or less; ADCES reserves the right to adjust Session titles
- Session Type
- Research Session: 15 Minutes
- Poster (Education or Research)
- Presenters – All individuals (presenters and planners) who contributed to the work discussed in the education session proposal are to be listed:
- Contact information – Name, email address
- Professional Information – Title/Position, Company/Organization, Credentials
- Role – Submitter, Primary presenter, Co-presenter
- Other required details – Description of current position, Professional Experience/Publications, Academic Degree, Speaker Biography
- Track – See above for detailed tracks and their descriptions
- Content Outline – Briefly identify major concepts, the amount of time spent on each topic, and the appropriate presenter. View an example of a correct content outline..
- Description of Presentation – Maximum of 50 words. Descriptions appear in promotional materials (e.g., registration brochure, online program).
- Learning Objectives – Three (3) learning objectives that must begin with an action verb. Describe what you want the participants to have learned at the end of the presentation. View an example of approved learning objectives.
- Conflict of Interest and Disclosures – Details regarding conflict of interest information and off-label usage is required. Planners and presenters who do not provide conflict of interest will be disqualified. Industry speakers are not permitted to present unless the topic is unrelated to their products and services
- Policies – Must indicate acceptance of all policies:
- Speaker Changes – No speaker substitutions may be made after the education session proposal review process has been completed.
- Commercial Relationships – Individuals employed by a commercial interest are not permitted to present, unless the topic is unrelated to their products or services. A commercial interest is defined as any entity producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by or used on patients, or an entity that is owned or controlled by an entity that produces, markets, resells, or distributes healthcare goods or services consumed by or used on patients. Providers of clinical service directly to patients are not ‘commercial interests.’ Use of commercial interest supplied slides or handouts is not allowed.
- Registration – Speakers who are a part of an accepted oral education or oral research session will receive complimentary full meeting registration. (Note: Speakers/Submitters for Posters are not eligible for complimentary registration.)
- Promotional Materials – ADCES reserves the right to change session titles, descriptions, etc. for use in the promotional materials.
- Recording – ADCES records all presentations (audio and slides), may use your name in connection with the presentation and may create educational training products from Annual Conference presentations. Use of these materials in no way prohibits your use of these materials in any manner.
- Deadlines for Accepted Presentations – Completed registration March 31. ADCES's CE Accrediting Bodies may require a review of your presentation. Your compliance with these deadlines is greatly appreciated.
Research Sessions: Monday, March 1, 2021
Education and Research Posters: Wednesday, June 30, 2021