The Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) Annual Conference is the premier diabetes care and educational event of the year. More than 3,000 diabetes care and education specialists and other healthcare professionals are expected to participate at ADCES23 in Houston, TX on Friday, August 4 to Monday, August 7.
Connect, collaborate and educate yourself and others on the latest in diabetes care and education while we celebrate 50 YEARS of advancing diabetes care and education TOGETHER.
The submission process is divided into tasks that must be completed before you can submit your proposal. The submission site will allow you to save your work after each task is completed; however, you do not have the ability to save your work mid-task.
We recommend that you review the required information prior to starting your submission to ensure you have everything you need to submit and begin your submission well in advance of the deadline. Users unfamiliar with the submission site and last-minute rushes to submit work are the primary sources of error in the submission process.
- Session Title – 120 characters or less; ADCES reserves the right to adjust session titles
- Session Type
- Poster (Education or Research)
- Presenters – All individuals who will be presenting in-person are to be listed:
- Contact information – Name, email address
- Professional Information – Title/Position, Company/Organization, Credentials
- Role – Primary presenter, Co-presenter
- Other required details – Description of current position, Professional Experience/Publications, Academic Degree, Speaker Biography
- Track – See above for detailed tracks and their descriptions
- Content Outline – Briefly identify major concepts, the amount of time spent on each topic, and the appropriate presenter. View an example of a correct content outline.
- Description of Presentation – Maximum of 120 words. Descriptions appear in promotional materials (e.g., registration brochure, online program).
- Conflict of Interest and Disclosures – Details regarding conflict of interest information and off-label usage is required for session abstract presenters only. Presenters who do not provide conflict of interest will be disqualified. Industry speakers are not permitted to present unless the topic is unrelated to their products and services
- Policies – Must indicate acceptance of all policies:
- Speaker Changes – No speaker substitutions may be made after the education session proposal review process has been completed.
- Commercial Relationships – Individuals employed by an ineligible company are not permitted to present an Education or Research Poster, unless the topic is unrelated to their products and services, or the content is limited to basic science research, such as pre-clinical research and drug discovery, or the methodologies of research, and care recommendations will not be made. If the content is related, promotes a specific product/service, and/or includes care recommendations, please refer back to our conference website for Emerging Science Industry Poster information.
- Registration – Speakers who are a part of an accepted oral education or oral research session will receive complimentary full meeting registration. (Note: Speakers for posters are not eligible for complimentary registration.)
- Promotional Materials – ADCES reserves the right to change session titles, descriptions, etc. for use in the promotional materials.
- Recording – ADCES pre-records a selection of presentations (audio and slides), may use your name in connection with the presentation and may create educational training products from Annual Conference presentations following the live event. This in no way prohibits your use of these materials in any manner.
- Deadlines for Accepted Presentations – Speakers must provide slides for oral presentations by June 15, 2023 and complete registration by June 21, 2023. ADCES CE Accrediting Bodies may require a review of your presentation. Your compliance with these deadlines is greatly appreciated.