About the Program
- A detailed description of the Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 2 is in the document, Diabetes Educator Practice Levels. (See Related Resources)
- The content for this program is based upon the skills and knowledge defined for the Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 2 the Competencies for Diabetes Educators: A Companion Document to the Diabetes Educator Practice Levels. (See Related Resources.)
- Information about the program is detailed in the FAQs. (See Related Resources.)
Before registering for this program, review all three documents for more information about the programs and to determine which program track and level is appropriate for you.
If You Register for This Program:
All the activities will be loaded to your online learning portal and will be accessible following the receipt of an automated email confirming your registration.
To access your learning portal, hover over the Login icon on the website navigation bar and select My Learning. You will be prompted to login with the email and password used to register for this program.
Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 2 Course
Schedule: There are approximate 32 hours of coursework in this program. Registrants have FOUR (4) months to complete the program.
Price: $175.00 Member and $200.00 Nonmember
DP Level 2 Coursework:
- Fundamentals of Diabetes Care (6 modules) * 6 hours Pharm Tech CE
- Problem Solving
- Healthy Coping
Recorded Webinars: (Each webcast is 60 or 90 minutes)
- Motivational Interviewing: Learning to Dance with Our Patients
- Literacy and Numeracy: Strategies that Count for Improving Care for Diabetes Patients
- Physical Activity and Diabetes: Get Your Patients Moving
- Skin Disorders in Complications of Diabetes
- Update in the Management of Obesity in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- DSMES for Older Adults with Cognitive Decline
- Weight Loss Medications in Prediabetes and Type2 Diabetes: Who, When, How?
Core Readings and Assessments
- The Diabetes Education Program Management
- The Diabetes Self-Management Education Process
- Theoretical and Behavioral Approaches to the Self-Management of Health
Practice Document Readings
- Diabetes Educator and Diabetes Paraprofessional Practice Levels
- Competencies for Diabetes Educators and Diabetes Paraprofessionals
- National Standards for Diabetes Education & Support
- AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors™ Framework
- Standards for Outcomes Measurement of DSME
- Diabetes Kidney Disease
- The Primary Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes
- Vaccination Practices for People with Diabetes
- Cultural Considerations in Diabetes Management
- Management of Children with Diabetes in the School Setting
- Diabetes and Disabilities
- Community Health Worker in Diabetes Management & Prevention Practice
- Healthy Eating