Program managers often have the clinical backgrounds required to manage patient education but sometimes have limited experience with the business skills needed to market and grow the program while effectively handling reimbursement.
AADE now offers the DSME Program Management Certificate Program (16 CE) to provide the business and program management skills needed to run all aspects of a successful program.
(3) Online Courses
- DSMES Program Management (6 CE)
- DSMT Reimbursement Essentials, 2nd Edition (2.5 CE)
- CQI for DSMES Programs (2.5 CE)
(4) Recorded Webinars
- Strengthening Diabetes Prevention and Self-Management Education (1.5 CE)
- Annual Reimbursement Update for 2017 (1.5 CE)
- Aligning Payment Models with Effective Diabetes Program Management (1 CE)
- Money Matters in Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) & Diabetes Self-Management Training/Education (DSMT/E): Increase Your Insurance Reimbursement Now! (1 CE)
(4) Required Readings (No CE)
Diabetes Educator and Diabetes Paraprofessional Practice Levels
Competencies for Diabetes Educators and Diabetes Paraprofessionals
National Standards for DSMES Programs
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support in Type 2 Diabetes A Joint Position Statement