About the Program
- Before registering for this program, review the program descriptions to determine which track and level is appropriate for you.
- For more information on the ADCES career path certificate program, please review the FAQs.
When You Register for This Program:
All the activities will be loaded in your online learning portal and will be accessible following the receipt of an automated email confirming your registration.
To access your learning portal, hover over the Login icon on the website navigation bar and select My Learning. You will be prompted to login with the email and password used to register for this program.
Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1 Program
Schedule: There are approximately 15 hours of coursework in this program. You have ONE (1) month from your enrollment date to complete the program.
Price: $125.00 Member / $150.00 Nonmember
DP Level 1 Coursework:
- The Basics of Diabetes for Non-Clinicians (2.5 hour course. No CE)
- Teaching and Learning in Diabetes Education (2 CE)
- Healthy Coping (1 CE)
- Healthy Eating (1 CE)
- Being Activity (1 CE)
- Taking Medication (1 CE)
- Monitoring (1 CE)
- Reducing Risks (1 CE)
- Problem Solving (1 CE)
Recorded Webinars (30, 60, or 90 minutes)
- A Focus on Behavioral Outcomes – AADE7® Revisions (1.5 CE)
- Cultural and Health Literacy Considerations with Diabetes (1 CE)
- How Language Affects Person and Provider Communication (0.5 CE)
Practice Document Readings
- National Standards for Diabetes Education and Support
- DSMES in Type 2 Diabetes: Algorithm and Guidance (A Joint Position Statement of the ADA, the ADCES, & the AND)