Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1
About the Program
- A detailed description of the Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1 is in the document, Diabetes Educator Practice Levels (See Related Resources).
- The content for this program is based upon the skills and knowledge defined for the Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1 the Competencies for Diabetes Educators: A Companion Document to the Diabetes Educator Practice Levels. (See Related Resources).
- Information about the programs is detailed in the FAQs (See Related Resources.)
Before registering for this program review all three documents for more information about the programs and to determine which program track and level is appropriate for you.
If You Register for This Program:
All the activities will be loaded to your online learning portal and will be accessible following the receipt of an automated email confirming your registration.
To access your learning portal, hover over the Login icon on the website navigation bar and select My Learning. You will be prompted to login with the email and password used to register for this program.
Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1 Program
Schedule: There are approximately 14.5 hours of coursework in this program. Registrants have ONE (1) monthsfrom the enrollment date to complete the program.
Price: $125.00 Member / $150.00 Nonmember
DP Level 1 Coursework:
- The Basics of Diabetes for Non-Clinicians
- Teaching and Learning in Diabetes Education (2 CE)
- Cultural Competence for Diabetes Educators (2 CE)
Recorded Webinars (60 minutes or 90 minutes)
- Optimize Goal-Setting for Better Patient Outcomes (1 CE)
- The Language of Diabetes (1 CE)
- Delaying Diabetes Through the Lifespan: A Discussion of 3 High Risk Populations & the Challenges They Face (2 CE)
- Listen & Learn: The Perspectives of a Panel of People with Diabetes (1CE)
Practice Document Readings
- Diabetes Educator and Diabetes Paraprofessional Practice Levels
- Competencies for Diabetes Educators and Diabetes Paraprofessionals
- National Standards for Diabetes Education and Support
- AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors™ Framework
- Healthy Eating
- Diabetes and Physical Activity