Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1
About the Program
- A detailed description of the Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1 is in the document, Diabetes Educator Practice Levels (See Related Resources).
- The content for this program is based upon the skills and knowledge defined for the Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1 the Competencies for Diabetes Educators: A Companion Document to the Diabetes Educator Practice Levels. (See Related Resources).
- Information about the programs is detailed in the FAQs (See Related Resources.)
Before registering for this program review all three documents for more information about the programs and to determine which program track and level is appropriate for you.
If You Register for This Program:
All the activities will be loaded to your online learning portal and will be accessible following the receipt of an automated email confirming your registration.
To access your learning portal, hover over the Login icon on the website navigation bar and select My Learning. You will be prompted to login with the email and password used to register for this program.
Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 1 Program
Schedule: There are approximately 18 hours of coursework in this program. Registrants have TWO (2) months from the enrollment date to complete the program.
Price: $125.00 Member / $150.00 Nonmember
DP Level 1 Coursework:
- Fundamentals of Diabetes Care (6 CEs)
- Cultural Competence for Diabetes Educators (2 CEs)
Recorded Webinars (60 minutes or 90 minutes)
- 'Please Don’t Cry!' Effective Ways to Handle Emotions: Yours and Your Patients (1 CE)
- Food Psychology: Why We Eat More than We Think
- How to Hook People on Exercise and Keep Them Engaged (1 CE)
- How to Evaluate Mobile Apps for Safety and Efficacy for Your Patients (1.5 CEs)
Practice Document Readings
- Diabetes Educator and Diabetes Paraprofessional Practice Levels
- Competencies for Diabetes Educators and Diabetes Paraprofessionals
- National Standards for Diabetes Education and Support
- AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors™ Framework
- Community Health Worker in Diabetes Management & Prevention Practice Synopses
- Diabetes and Oral Health
- Cultural Considerations in Diabetes Management
- Diabetes and Disabilities
- Special Considerations in the Management and Education of Older Persons with Diabetes
- Management of Children w/ Diabetes in the School Setting
- Vaccination Practices for People with Diabetes