Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 2
About the Program
- Before registering for this program, review the program descriptions to determine which track and level is appropriate for you.
- For more information on the ADCES career path certificate program, please review the FAQs.
When You Register for This Program:
All the activities will be loaded in your online learning portal and will be accessible following the receipt of an automated email confirming your registration.
To access your learning portal, hover over the Login icon on the website navigation bar and select My Learning. You will be prompted to login with the email and password used to register for this program.
Diabetes Paraprofessional Level 2 Program
Schedule: There are approximate 23.5 hours of coursework in this program. You have TWO (2) months from your enrollment date to complete the program.
Price: $175.00 Member and $200.00 Nonmember
DP Level 2 Coursework:
- The Basics of Diabetes for Non-Clinicians (2.5 hour course. No CE)
- Teaching and Learning in Diabetes Education (2 CE)
- Cultural Competence for Diabetes Educators (2 CE)
- Healthy Coping (1 CE)
- Healthy Eating (1 CE)
- Being Active (1 CE)
- Taking Medication (1 CE)
- Monitoring (1 CE)
- Reducing Risks (1 CE)
- Problem Solving (1 CE)
Recorded Webinars: (Each webcast is 30 or 60 minutes)
- Beyond Coping: Raise Your Spirits, Not Your Blood Sugar (1 CE)
- Navigating Eating Plans in the Real World (1 CE)
- Successful Exercise with Diabetes and Mobility Disability: Limiting the Impact of Physical Limitations (1 CE)
- Strategies to Help People Overcome Fears of Hypoglycemia (0.5 CE)
- Immunization Education: Turning a No into a Yes (W) (0.5 CE)
- A Treasure Trove of Technological Tools for Individuals with Vision Loss (1 CE)
- Optimizing Diabetes Education in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Populations (1 CE)
- No One Understands Me! Helping People Live Well with Diabetes (1 CE)
- Bright Spots & Landmines: A Diabetes Toolkit for Meaningful Behavior Change (1 CE)
- Peer Support Communities: Data, Resources, Tips and Tricks (0.5 CE)
- Online and In-Person Peer Support for Underserved Populations (0.5 CE)
- Cultural and Health Literacy Considerations with Diabetes (1)
- How Language Affects Person and Provider Communication (0.5)
Practice Document Readings
- National Standards for Diabetes Education & Support
- DSMES in Type 2 DM: A Joint Position Statement