Managing a diabetes self-management education or support program? Sharpen your business skills to meet the challenges of maintaining a successful DSMES program by earning a certificate.
Competency Focus: Domain 5: Program and Business Management in the Competencies for Diabetes Educator & Diabetes Paraprofessionals.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this program.
Schedule: Enrollees have 3 months from the date of program registration to complete all coursework & required activities.
Certificate and Continuing Education:
- Enrollees who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of program completion.
- The program provides 15.5 continuing education credits (CE) for nurses (ANCC), dietitians (CDR), and pharmacists (ACPE).
- Online, self-study, self-paced.
- Course activities will be loaded into your online learning portal upon registration.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email of your registration. At this point, you may login to your learning portal on-demand to access the program.
- Access My Learning portal.
Price: $349.00 Member / $429.00 Nonmember
- DSMES Program Management, 2nd Edition
- DSMT Reimbursement Essentials, 3rd Edition
- CQI for DSMES Programs, 2nd Edition
- Harnessing the Power of Telehealth
- Annual Reimbursement Update for 2019
- Building Relationships Will Keep Them Coming Back: It's All About Retention
- Referrals, Advocacy and Reimbursement for DSMES
Required Readings (No CEs)
- Diabetes Educator and Diabetes Paraprofessional Practice Levels
- Competencies for Diabetes Educators and Diabetes Paraprofessionals
- National Standards for DSMES Programs
- Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support in Type 2 Diabetes A Joint Position Statement