Managing a diabetes self-management education or support program? Sharpen your business skills to meet the challenges of maintaining a successful DSMES program by earning a certificate.
Competency Focus: Domain 5: Systems Based Practice in the Competencies for Diabetes Care & Education Specialists.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this program.
Schedule: Enrollees have 3 months from the date of program registration to complete all coursework & required activities.
Certificate and Continuing Education:
- Enrollees who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of program completion.
- The program provides 15.5 continuing medical education credits (CME).
- Online, self-study, self-paced.
- Course activities will be loaded into your online learning portal upon registration.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email of your registration. At this point, you may login to your learning portal on-demand to access the program.
- Access My Learning portal.
The program consists of:
- National Standards for DSMES
- Diabetes Educator and Diabetes Paraprofessional Practice Levels
- Competencies for Diabetes Educators and Diabetes Paraprofessionals
- Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support in Type 2 Diabetes A Joint Position Statement
5 recorded webinars/sessions-on-demand
- Annual Reimbursement Update for 2020
- Best Practices for Increasing Referrals: Results of a DEAP Survey
- Building Relationships Will Keep Them Coming Back: It's All About Retention
- Implementation of Medicare Annual Wellness Visits by Diabetes Specialists in Evolving Healthcare Delivery Models
- Leveraging Digital Health to Expand Diabetes Health Services for Value-Based Care
3 online courses
- DSMES Program Management: Course, 2nd Edition & Post-Test
- DSMT Reimbursement Essentials, 3rd Edition: Course & Post-Test
- CQI for DSMES Programs, 2nd Edition: Course & Post-Test
A certificate post-test
Price: $349.00 Member / $429.00 Nonmember