AstraZeneca Educational Webinar Series
Presented by AADE in association with AstraZeneca-US Medical Affairs, CVMD Division
This educational webinar series is designed to provide the most up-to-date, cutting edge information in diabetes. Each webinar will be presented live and recorded. Archived presentations will be posted on this page for up to 60 days after the live broadcast, so don't miss out!
This webinar series is educational in nature and contains no promotional or product information. CE credit is not available for this activity.
Webinar Schedule for 2019:
All webinars will be held from 1:00-2:00 pm EST
February 13: 2019 Updates on Guidelines in the Management of T2D: Navigating CVOTs and Implications for Treatment
April 10: Cardio-Renal Complications of T2DM: Focus on Heart Failure (click HERE to register)
June 26: Kidney Disease in Diabetes
August 28: Cardiovascular Outcomes Trials (CVOT) Update
October 23: SGLT-2 Inhibitors in Type 1 Diabetes
December 4: Lipids, HDL, High Triglycerides, and Cardiovascular Risk
2019 Updates on Guidelines in the Management of T2D: Navigating CVOTs and Implications for Treatment
Presented by Susan Thomas, MD, and Curtis Triplitt, PharmD, CDE, this webinar will provide an update on key position statements aims to provide educators with relevant historical background to new principles in the medical management of patients with T2D. We will review current recommendations with particular interest on CV risk, glycemic control, weight managememt, and risk of hypoglycemia.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with evidence from recent landmark CVOTs (cardiovascular outcome trials) and updated guidelines to help appropriately individualize the management of patients with T2D.
- Understand new treatment pathways based on CV risk assessment of patients with T2D.
- Recognize need to manage CV risk factors within the paradigm of overall management of T2D and associated macrovascular complications.
Cardio-Renal Complications of T2DM: Focus on Heart Failure
Click HERE to register for this live webinar on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 1:00 pm EST.
Presented by John Venditto, MD, and Curtis Triplitt, PharmD, CDE will provide an overview of heart failure with a focus on diabetic cardiomyopathy as well as heart failure as a complication of type 2 diabetes. We will also review renal dysfunction as a complication of type 2 diabetes.
- Understand basic CV physiology of heart failure HpEF/HrEF
- Understand basic pathophysiology of heart failure in T2DM
- Earlier identification of patients with T2DM at risk for heart failure
- Understand basic pathophysiology of cardio-renal complications of T2DM