The National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) brings an evidence-based behavioral change program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes to local communities. The program is designed to support lifestyle balance, healthy eating, physical activity and exercise, and motivational support.
As the Manager of Prevention, I have been working on contributing to the overall sustainability of the National DPP by providing technical assistance and support to programs across the country. I've learned that building a strong infrastructure and utilizing best practices to implement a quality program are the keys to success.
The start of any new program includes lessons learned, like challenges with quality training for coaches, proper documentation and data collection.
With more than five years of experience in DPP, AADE is one of the largest and most successful in-person National DPP delivery networks in the country. We have now taken the lessons learned during this time and developed a set of tools and resources to help new programs begin the National DPP at their organization. Because Medicare reimbursement for diabetes prevention services begins in 2018, the number of opportunities will only grow, but only if done correctly.
The AADE Prevention Network™ helps programs implement the National DPP with quality and fidelity, while helping to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. Regardless of where you are in the implementation process, the AADE Prevention Network provides the tools, reach and expertise to help you build, sustain and receive reimbursement for diabetes prevention services:
- Physician referral tools, templates and best practices
- Business case and ROI information
- Best practices on DPP Lifestyle Change Program implementation
- Discussion forum for other Program Coordinators and Lifestyle Coaches
- Payer tracking: updates and announcements regarding reimbursement, policy coverage information, and coding
- Access to DAPS™: a cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant participant data tracking and analysis tool that will ensure accuracy of entry data and help you meet CDC Recognition Standards
DAPS is a complete data tracking and analysis tool that will save your program time and money. It will ensure data entry accuracy, help you meet CDC Recognition Standards, and provide intelligence that can boost your marketing and reimbursement efforts.
Learn more about the new AADE Prevention Network www.preventionsimplified.com.