The American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) has announced a call for presentations for its 2016 Annual Meeting and Exhibition. AADE16 is an exceptional opportunity to play a role in the innovation of diabetes management. Diabetes educators include a broad spectrum of health care professionals, including pharmacists, nurses, and dietitians.
More than 3,000 diabetes educators and other healthcare professionals are expected to gather at the AADE Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA; Friday, August 12 – Monday, August 15, 2016. AADE16 will enable attendees to connect, collaborate, and learn about pressing diabetes-related issues.
Diabetes educators touch patients at various points across the continuum of care: from diagnosis of pre-diabetes or diabetes, to treatment and advanced management. Diabetes educators use skills in prevention, treatment and chronic disease management, as well as partnering with patients to enable them to achieve behavior change.
Presentations should be geared to the different learning tracks that will encompass the AADE16 educational program:
- Elevate Proficiency to Develop and Deliver Innovative Diabetes Care and Education across Diverse Age Groups and Populations
- Enhance Expertise in Psychosocial Issues and Promotion of Lifestyle Behavior Change
- Evolving Roles for Diabetes Educators in Healthcare Systems
- Pioneering Use of Diabetes Technologies and Connected Health Modalities to Deliver Clinically Cost Effective Care
- Build Skills to Deliver Collaborative Patient-Centered Care and Education
- Advance Business Skills to Develop and Manage Effective Programs and Services
- Novel Roles and Approaches to Provide Diabetes Self-Management and Support in Evolving Healthcare Systems and Environments
- Pathophysiology, Epidemiology, and Clinical Management of Prediabetes, Diabetes and Related Chronic Conditions
Education session selections will be based on the quality, clarity of the submission, and topical relevance to the contemporary practice environment of today’s diabetes educator. To learn more and to submit a proposal visit here.
- Monday, November 9, 2015 (11:59pm Central)
Education Session Proposal Deadline (Oral and Poster)
- Monday, January 11, 2016 (11:59pm Central)
Research Abstract Deadline (Oral and Poster)
- February 2016
Notification of acceptance
About the AADE:
Founded in 1973, AADE is a multi-disciplinary professional membership organization dedicated to improving diabetes care through education. With more than 14,000 professional members including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and others, AADE has a vast network of practitioners involved in the daily treatment of diabetes patients.
Collectively, our alliances, member practitioner networks, and academic partners uniquely position AADE at the locus of change for the future treatment of diabetes. To learn more go to: www.diabeteseducator.org.