Don't wait too long. The deadline to submit your application is April 1, 2017.
AADE Fellows are a distinguished group of diabetes educators who are recognized for outstanding contributions to diabetes education through clinical practice, research, education or health policy.
Individuals who desire to be considered for FAADE selection must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess a Baccalaureate degree
- Be a current AADE member with a minimum of 5 consecutive years of membership
- 10 years of experience in the field of Diabetes Education as an educator, clinician or researcher
- Be a leader who has made outstanding contributions to AADE and to diabetes education, and care through clinical practice, research, education, or health policy, including the development and implementation of mentorship program for diabetes educators
- Be involved in AADE on both the Local and National levels
A limited number of Fellows are selected each year. In addition to meeting the minimum requirements candidates must include:
- A Personal Essay (limited to 750 words) that includes contributions to AADE, diabetes education and care. The essay should be submitted in a professional format
- Two Letters of Recommendation (limited to 500 words), one which should be from a current Fellow
- A non-refundable, non-transferable application fee of $250
For any questions, please contact the Fellowship Review Committee at FAADE@aadenet.org or call 800-338-3633 x 4822.