Animas recently announced it’s exiting the diabetes business, but will continue to support Animas® Vibe® or OneTouch Ping® pump users. In addition, Animas will continue to provide customer service and warranty support throughout a transition period. During this transition, Animas selected Medtronic to facilitate a transition period for people who use Animas pumps and pump supplies.
Details on what their announcement means from their website are as follows. You can find more information on their website at animaspatientsupport.com.
For patients, caregivers and healthcare providers in the U.S. and Canada, this announcement means:
- Animas has discontinued the sale of all Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pumps effective immediately.
- If you are on a pump with a warranty that expires on or after September 30, 2019, you or your pump supplier will be contacted by a member of the Medtronic transition team concerning the option to transfer to a Medtronic 630G insulin delivery system at no cost.
- If your warranty expires before September 30, 2019, Animas will continue to honor your warranty until your warranty expires and you transition to a new pump. When your pump warranty is about to expire, we encourage you to explore your options by visiting www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling (855) 322-9568 (US) or (800) 284-4416 (Canada).
- If your pump is not under warranty or your pump has a warranty expiring by December 31, 2017, you may explore your options by visiting www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animasor by calling (855) 322-9568 (US) or (800) 284-4416 (Canada).
- If you currently use LifeScan, Dexcom or Diasend products, continue to use them. You will continue to receive the same customer care.