Once programs achieve accreditation from ADCES, it is expected that the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs (NSDSMEP) are maintained on an ongoing basis. To ensure that programs continue to meet NSDSMEP Quality Standards, accredited programs will submit changes on an as needed basis and as deemed necessary by ADCES for review.
When an accredited program under goes a significant change, they must notify the ADCES within 30 days via the DEAP Dashboard. Changes that need to be reported include, but are not limited to:
- Adding or removing site(s)
- New or Interim Program Coordinator-after entering the change in the DEAP Dashboard, please email the following to email@example.com:
- Updated Contact information (address, phone #, email, etc) for site or coordinator
- Change in sponsor, sponsoring organization, or sponsor's contact information
- Program Name Change - administrative fees may apply (see below)
- Adding instructional staff (we do not need to know if instructors are removed)-
- For new professional staff, please email current licensure/registration and certificates showing 15 hours of CEU's or current CDE or BC-ADM certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For new paraprofessional staff, please email resume or training certificate indicating experience or training in diabetes, chronic disease, health and wellness, community health, and/or education methods, proof of 15 hours of continuing education or training specific to the role they serve within the team.
- Other significant program changes including closing or suspension of the program, etc.
Please note that some changes have administrative fees:
- Changes/corrections to a site's certificate that have already been issued a certificate previously will be $100 for each replacement certificate
- There is no fee for the first certificate issued to a new site. This fee only applies when you are changing the name an existing site that already received a certificate from ADCES.
- Programs that would like to post their branch locations on the ADCES DEAP's website list of accredited programs will incur a $100 administrative fee for each additional post.
You may pay your administrative fee by check or credit card. If paying by check, please note that in the Dashboard. Write DEAP and your Program ID number (located on your certificate) in the memo and send it by a tracked method to:
125 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60606