If you’ve already facilitated a CDC-recognized lifestyle change program, you know it’s essential to keep learning new strategies to engage participants, retain them through the year-long program, and promote positive behavior change. If you’re looking to improve your skills and support the continued success of your program, ADCES is here to help.
Modeled after our successful career path training for diabetes care and education specialists, our advanced lifestyle coach training series includes skill building in communications tactics, group coaching, facilitating behavior change, promoting self-management, and cultural competency.
There are approximate seven (7) hours of coursework in this program. Registrants have six (6) months from the enrollment date to complete the program.
Advanced Lifestyle Coach Training includes:
- Training led by experienced ADCES Master Trainers and Subject Matter Experts in key coaching skills
- ADCES materials to build participant readiness, develop dynamic and cohesive groups, address common challenges to engagement and retention, address social determinants of health, and incentivize healthy behaviors
- Hands-on practice in motivational interviewing, supporting health behavior change, facilitating self-management skills, and group facilitation
- Continuing education units (CEUs) for nurses, dietitians, and pharmacists
- Once you complete the training, you can receive the ADCES Advanced Lifestyle Coach PreventT2 Lifestyle Change Program badge. Learn more