Originally presented on: 9/22/2021
Treatment options for Painful Diabetic Neuropathy have been limited in efficacy and adherence. In July, the FDA approved the only spinal cord stimulation (SCS) therapy with a specific indication for painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN). The HFX Solution, which uses 10 kHz Therapy, has been shown to provide an average 76% pain relief in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. During this webinar we will:
-- Review the outcomes of the SENZA PDN RCT that compared optimized conventional medical management (CMM) for PDN to 10 kHz Therapy.
-- Show how the HFX Solution can provide significant and long-lasting pain relief, as well as improved neurologic response and quality of life.
-- Help identify appropriate PDN candidates in your practice and find out how to access this breakthrough treatment option for their pain.
Join us to learn how the HFX Solution could help your patients with diabetes.
CE credit is not available for this activity.
Funding for this webinar is provided by Nevro Corp.
- Review conventional treatment options for diabetic neuropathy
- Learn how HFX 10 kHz spinal cord stimulation works and review RCT outcomes
- Learn how to identify treatment candidates and what to expect from the HFX trialing procedure
1. Overview of Conventional Medical Management (CMM) / Historic treatment options
*Petersen, E, et. al. Effect of High-frequency (10-kHz) Spinal Cord Stimulation in Patients With Painful Diabetic Neuropathy A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Neurology, April 2021.
- ADA first line treatment: Pregabalin, Duloxetine, Gabapentin
- Common side effects: memory loss, dizziness, exhaustion, weight gain, nightmares
2. Introduction to the HFX Solution as a new nonpharmacologic PDN treatment
- The first and only spinal cord stimulation (SCS) therapy approved by the FDA to treat Painful Diabetic Neuropathy (PDN)
- Established therapy/treatment with 70,000+ patients
- Minimally invasive procedure
3. SENZA PDN RCT outcomes*
- 85% experienced 50% or greater pain relief
- 76% average pain relief
- Improvement in sleep
- 62% improved neurological response
4. Patients who can benefit from the HFX Solution
- HbA1C ≤10%
- Tried and failed 2+ CMM medications
- Lower limb pain intensity of 5cm or more on 10-cm visual analogue scale (VAS)
- Deemed to be medically suitable for the procedure
5. Patient Testimonials / Experiences
This activity is designed for diabetes care and education specialists, including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, physicians, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with diabetes and other related conditions.
You will have access to this learning activity for a period of one year after you enroll, or whenever the activity expires (whichever comes first).
Expiration date: 9/22/2023