Once programs achieve accreditation from ADCES, it is expected that the 2022 National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education & Support are maintained on an ongoing basis. To ensure that programs continue to meet or exceed the National Standards, accredited programs will submit changes on an as-needed basis and as deemed necessary by ADCES for review.
When an accredited program implements a significant change, it must notify ADCES within 30 days via the DEAP Dashboard. Changes that need to be reported include, but are not limited to:
- Adding or removing site(s)
- New or Interim Program Coordinator-after entering the change in the DEAP Dashboard, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Updated Contact information (address, phone #, email, etc) for site or coordinator
- Change in sponsor, sponsoring organization, or sponsor's contact information
- Program Name Change - administrative fees may apply (see below)
- Adding and removing instructional staff
- For new team members involved in DSMES delivery, please add to your DEAP Dashboard and be sure to maintain current licensure/registration and certificates showing 15 hours of CEU's or current CDCES or BC-ADM certificate in your accreditation binder. You may also upload in the Dashboard if you choose.
- Other significant program changes such as closing, mergers or suspension of the program, etc.
Please note that some changes have administrative fees:
- Name Change: Main or Branch location name changes will incur a $100 fee to receive a new certificate.
- New Branch location: Adding a new location requiring a certificate will incur a $100 fee for each new certificate.
You may pay your administrative fee by check or credit card. If paying by check, please note that in the Dashboard. Write DEAP and your Program ID number (located on your certificate) in the memo and send it by a tracked method to:
Change of Status instructions
125 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60606