Step 1: You must meet all 10 National Standards for DSMES and have at least one participant complete the full education cycle from referral to follow-up (as it will be structured and billed for after accreditation is approved), prior to submitting your application.
Step 2: Complete the online application and upload all of the supporting documents for the standards individually into the DEAP Dashboard. If you are not a member of ADCES, you will need to create an account in the DEAP Dashboard. Under the “Sign In” tab, click on the link for the DEAP Dashboard. If you are already a member, or have an existing account, sign in with your email address and password. If you are a new user, enter your email address under “Create an Account” and follow the prompts. Have the following information ready:
- Name, address and phone number of your sponsoring organization
- Name of your program (this will be the name on your accreditation certificate, so make sure it matches the name you plan to bill under)
- Quality Coordinator name and email address
- Name and address for any branch or community sites
- Names and credentials for all team members (professional instructors and community health workers)
Step 3: Pay the application fee and additional fees if you have *branch locations. If paying online, have credit card ready. If paying by check, make sure to indicate when prompted and mail using a method that provides tracking information. Once your application and payment are submitted, the staff will review for completeness and you will be contacted to set up a phone interview. All communication with the staff should be sent to email@example.com.
*Please confirm that your sites qualify as BRANCH locations prior to paying fees. If unsure, please reach out to the DEAP team via email or wait for your phone interview to clarify and pay additional fees at that time if necessary.