In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence, the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) requires anyone in a position to affect or control continuing education content (e.g., authors, presenters, and program planners) to disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies. It is the responsibility of ADCES to mitigate and disclose all relevant conflicts of interest. Disclosure of a relationship is not intended to suggest or condone bias in any presentation but is made to provide participants with information that might be of potential importance to their evaluation of the presentation.
Relevant disclosures (or lack thereof) among educational activity planners and faculty are as follows:
- Christina Inteso, PharmD, BCACP, CDCES – No conflicts of interest
- Diana Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, CDCES – Abbott (Speaker/Honoraria); Companion Medical (Consultant / Advisory Board); Dexcom (Speaker/Honoraria); Insulet (Consultant / Advisory Board); Lifescan (Consultant / Advisory Board); Lilly (Consultant / Advisory Board); Novo Nordisk (Speaker/Honoraria)
- Jodi Lavin-Tompkins, MSN, RN, CDCES, BC-ADM – No conflicts of interest
- Joanne Rinker, MS, RD, CDCES, LDN, FADCES – No conflicts of interest
- Eileen D. Ward, PharmD, BCACP– No conflicts of interest
The approval of this educational offering by the ADCES does not imply endorsement of specific therapies, treatments, or products discussed in the presentations.
Disclosure and Mitigation of Relevant Conflicts of Interest
All identified relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated.
Sponsorship or Commercial Support: None
Joint Providership: None
Non-Endorsement of Products: Accredited status does not imply endorsement by Joint Accreditation of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this educational activity.
Off-Label Use: Participants will be notified when this educational activity relates to any product use for a purpose other than that for which it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Expiration Date for Awarding CE/CME: 8/14/2023